Websphere MQ Broker Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Home Office- Basking Ridge, NJ
Company Order Number: 3196
# of openings: 1
Websphere MQ Broker
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Barnes & Noble College is searching for a Websphere MQ Broker to be located in the Basking Ridge, NJ Home Office. The Websphere MQ Broker Infrastructure Engineer provides the design, development and implementation of integration solutions for applications by engineering and configuring the IBM Websphere MQ, and Message Broker components. In this role, the MQ Broker Engineer will design and develop internal and external customer integration solutions based on IBM Message Broker and MQ technologies; install and configure IBM Websphere MQ and Message Broker into Unix and Windows based environments; and provide infrastructure support for the recommended solutions. The Websphere MQ Broker Infrastructure Engineer will work with project teams to gather requirements to provide capacity and scheduling estimates, designs and solutions. Once solutions are implemented, the MQ Broker Engineer will work closely with the development teams to administer load testing and then performance tune Websphere MQ and Message Broker activity in the production environment. Additionally, the Engineer will manage and maintain the environments by automating systems management and monitoring activities; and will assist application development teams to troubleshoot Integration and infrastructure issues.
* 5 years experience with the following technologies: WebSphere MQ 6.0, WebSphere MQ 7.0, Message Broker 6.0, Message Broker 6.1, Message Broker 7.0, Message Broker Toolkit
* 5 years experience working on projects that extend MQ Series infrastructure, MQ Clustering, SSL channels support, Publish/Subscribe
* 5 years experience supporting enterprise business critical messaging through a highly available MQSI / MQ Series architecture which exploits MQ Series clustering and queue sharing
* 5 years experience installing and configuring MQ Clusters, installing and configuring Message Broker v 6.x, MQSC commands, Distributed Queue Management
* 3-5 years experience Fixpack installations and version upgrades of WebSphere MQ
* Working Knowledge of Solaris, AIX or Linux; Windows 2003 or 2008 Server; or Vmware
* Strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
* Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to take the initiative and work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
Barnes & Noble is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Are you a returning applicant?